Database information problem

pabloparis / 2017-05-09 14:02:38   

Hello all,

I am having a problem to set up indexhibit, at the database stage.

I am using OVH hosting, I did read that there were some problems with this host, but I have set up several other websites with the same host and settings, and I never had any problem before, so this is a strange problem ...

I checked every documentation or topic I could find on the subject but couldn't find any solution.
I first thought the problem came from OVH, but I called the support and checked with them I could connect to the web interface phpmyadmin and it worked fine. I triple checked password user and address information, to make sure it was fine.

Do you know what the problem could be ?

I can provide any other information you would need to check the issue.

Thank you,
Pablo

Vaska A / 2017-05-09 21:44:29   

What is the actual problem you are having? It works fine on OVH these days - it was many years ago that they had an odd setup.

Forums really suck because info from long ago doesn't necessarily apply to today.

pabloparis / 2017-05-10 08:12:24   

Thank you for your answer.

I get two red crosses and a "check config" message every time I try to enter the database information. I checked every thing and tried every different possibility I could think of but still get the same message.

Vaska A / 2017-05-10 09:44:52   

Did you try the updated database file from out github?

github.com/Indexhibit/…

Download...unzip...grab /ndxzstudio/db/db.mysql.php...replace the file on your site...see if you can install now.

There is a bug with mysql 5.6 that is being rather annoying at the moment. I'm still trying to find something that properly works. Let me know how it goes...

Sun_Jeong / 2017-05-22 08:45:16   

Hi there,

Having same problem - xx check config msg even with files form the github. I've done it a month ago and worked fine but this time i've tried re-processing the installation so many times still didn't work. Is there any updates on this issue

pabloparis / 2017-07-04 09:02:59   

Hello Vaska,

Sorry for the really late answer ... I had a lot of work lately that kept me from working on this project.

I just tried what you suggested and I'm still stuck at the same stage with a new error though. I get on this page ../ndxzstudio/?a=system&q=preferences&flag=true after entering the db information (I double checked it again) and there is an error message in a yellow box : "error finding settings".

Thank you for your time

Pablo

pabloparis / 2017-07-11 12:55:53   

Hello Jeffery,

I'm still unable to install indexhibit. Do you, or anyone, have any update on the issue ?
Is there any other host that you would recommend rather than ovh ? I will still try to make it work on OVH, but I also want to build another site and I can take another host that you know that there is no problem with !

Thank you for your help
Pablo

This thread has been closed, thank you.