General problems with v2.1.4

trispm / 2017-08-15 17:18:59   

I'm having a lot of problems after the instalation:

trispm / 2017-08-15 17:28:39   

sorry, I didn't finish my question ;) . I cannot change options in the menu, I cannot see the images in the browser but they are in the /gimgs folder, Is not possible to add projects, is not possible to enable the plugins neither the formats, is not possible to change the Pre-Nav or Post-Nav texts... I can only wrote some text in the "main" page... If you can help me... thanks a lot!!!

Vaska A / 2017-08-15 19:39:34   

It sounds like you are either having database issues (perhaps wrong user privileges) or your host has mod-security installed and it's blocking many things from functioning. You can ask your host if they have it installed, if they have anything in their logs and if they can disable it.

Your problems are pretty normal for a site with these problems - but they aren't actually caused by Indexhibit not functioning. Server issues...

trispm / 2017-08-23 18:00:42   

Hi Vaska, thanks for your answer.
These days I ask to my host provider and they test the server and said me that everything's ok for their side...
I copy their answer to see if this make some light on the problem...
On one hand we have compared and assigned all permissions to the files and folders published in the hosting. The program can access them and record without problems.
On the other hand we have reviewed the database, access and permissions with the user and are also correct.
The problem of recording is when you have to update the information in the DB, it is as if you did not pass the values ​​to the program that updates the database. At the server level there is no specific problem, nothing is displayed in the log files. It is simply that the program is not able to send that updated data to the database.
We do not know the cause of this problem, but if we know that it is not because something really fails the server, since everything works correctly.
It may have some incompatibility with the version of PHP that we use, which is PHP 5.6.25, with the following settings:

Php_admin_flag register_globals on
Php_admin_flag magic_quotes_gpc on
Php_admin_flag safe_mode off

Then they ask me to reinstall it all, is it necessary?
Thanks a lot again!!

trispm / 2017-08-31 21:38:40   

Hi everybody,
I erased everything and did it again. I made all the steps as the installation instructions says, and nothing changes, I still have the same problems.
Could be another solution?
Thanks again!

Vaska A / 2017-08-31 22:18:01   

And you asked them about mod_security?

Otherwise, no idea. Have never seen this kind of failure on standard web hosting (not kidding). Unless, you aren't on standard web hosting...

trispm / 2017-09-17 20:29:13   

Hi Vaska,
I'm sorry but I was out all these days. From my web hosting they said this:

After multiple tests it seems that the problem is because they try to insert values that do not correspond to the definition of the exact table in MySQL. This is due to a programming error.

The concrete problem is with sentences of this type:

======================================================
UPDATE settings SET site_offset = '' , site_format = '%d %B %Y' , site_lang = 'es-es' , site_vars = 'a:3:{s:9:"passwords";s:1:"1";s:9:"templates";s:1:"0";s:4:"tags";s:1:"1";}' , caching = '' WHERE adm_id='1'

Generating this particular error:

MySQL had said:

#1366 - Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'site_offset' at row 1

We have solved it by allowing non-strict values to be inserted in MySQL, allowing this type of errors.

Please check if it works smoothly now.

I hope that this can help you to understand if it's a problem.
Now I, in the next weeks, will try to redesign my web. If I had some more problems, I write again.
Thank you very much!!

trispm / 2017-09-21 11:08:26   

Problem solved! Thanks!

This thread has been closed, thank you.