Image Compression

nicknameh / 2017-11-20 22:11:24   

I've been using indexhibit for many years. I am so thankful for the service and the work you have put into it. I am feeling broken hearted because I think I have to switch to Cargo Collective for one (and ONLY) reason. I am an artist and I need my photos to be sharp. The image compression on indexhibit has become a real problem especially with laptop screens that are increasing in quality. Yup, I've changed my image quality php to 100. Yes I save as Maximum JPEG and convert to sRGB, yup I've saved to PNG, yup I've saved them so larger files. It makes me so sad. Please tell me I'm doing something wrong or that there is some magic button I can push.
Link to my site with blurry images
joshuabienko.com

Link to my friends site with crispy images
piperbrett.com/…

Last ditch effort.

Vaska A / 2017-11-21 01:26:17   

Sometimes I wish Indexhibit were a subscription service but it's not (and I'm not interested in ripping people off). I don't have funds (and resultantly time) to do as much as I wish I could. I'm always doing something...mostly helping people (off this site).

It's on the list of things to do and I did make a quick emergency conversion for the Horizontal format recently - but I don't know when I can get to everything (some formats simply aren't going to work with retina).

Hosted services, especially ones with money, do have advantages over this project.

nicknameh / 2017-11-21 14:04:36   

It sucks because indexhibit is SO much better! I hate the stupid templates and the ugly design-y looking way that Cargo Collective and other hosting services format their services. Indexhibit reigns supreme! Simple and beautiful and functional. Again, thank you for all you do. I don't think you'd be ripping people off to charge though. People make quite a lot of money using indexhibit for their websites. Nonetheless, I appreciate you so much and have loved indexhibit for so long.

Vaska A / 2017-11-21 18:47:06   

Thanks.

I'm trying to do what I can but I know it's never going to be enough.

This thread has been closed, thank you.