Location of correct "style.css" file

astikich / 2018-01-30 22:42:36   

I built my old site with indexhibit many years ago and need to change web hosts so am rebuilding it with V2.

I'm really trying to get the ball rolling (mainly changing font sizes).... I have tried making adjustments to several style.ccs files (ndxzstudio/asset/css/style.css) and (ndxsite/default/asset/css/style.css) but nothing is changing. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks

Alex

the_jil / 2018-01-31 07:26:25   

It's normally located in ndxzsite/your_template/style.css

astikich / 2018-02-01 15:41:36   

Thanks. However I don't see/have that folder. The only css file I can find in ndxzsite is (ndxzsite/default/asset/css/style.css). Other options are cache, config, css, default, img, js, mobile and plugin. Maybe version 2.1.5 changed that? Does the "your_template" need to be enabled somewhere?

the_jil / 2018-02-03 11:40:23   

"your_template" refer to the template you are using. If you didn't make any changes it is probably “default” but it could be other names if you changed something. So if you are using the default template, it is the style.css located in the default folder that you should be changing. If you post your website address here, it is maybe easier to help you.

astikich / 2018-02-07 04:03:19   

Hi the_jil. Sorry, I've had to jump off the website mindset... just swamped with other projects until the end of the week. Yes, I tweaked the default template but it did not seem to make changes. How do you enable other templates? Or do they need to be created? I tried one of the plugins that had options for changing fonts and the results were not good. I also read somewhere that the base.css could also be an option... I will look into that too. Here's my site:

alexstikich.com

the_jil / 2018-02-07 19:30:47   

I'm sure it is your style.css located in ndxzsite/default/style.css to make changes. Maybe try log in with a ftp program, I find that sometimes easier. Also via ftp I normally make a copy of the default folder (to make another theme) and name it something else. That way you can always go back to the default theme..You do that in indexhibit -> admin -> theme

astikich / 2018-02-10 01:38:27   

OK thanks!

This thread has been closed, thank you.