Expanding Menus + Wordpress Width

jvingiano / 2008-05-16 20:38:37   

I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction to attain expanding menus with categories that shrink as others open. For example, on my site when you click on "print," that category opens but if you were to click on "identity," both identity and print become open. I'd love to arrange my menu so there is only one section open at a time. So one would be shrinking as one expands?

Also, I'm having trouble with the width of my iframed wordpress– should I be messing with the #content tag in the stylesheet of wordpress? And do you guys recommend taking the style.css off of the wordpress folder on my server or editing it through the wp interface? Right now, the width is very far off and the iframe doesn't scroll through the entirety of the blog.

Sorry for all the questions! Any help would be much appreciated! I'm slowly becoming more knowledgeable about coding sites, specifically css and I think these are probably quicker fixes than I realize.

Thanks ahead of time!

the site in question

Vaska A / 2008-05-18 15:29:59   

There is a thread about this on the front page of the forum right now.

WP width...it's only to style it up and make it work. I usually reduce the heck out of the styles...check out lapremiere.org or getinvolvedclub.com and their blogs to see the minimal version I created...

snoep / 2008-07-28 16:45:18   

Hi John,

I am trying to do something similar! View it on www.arieltecture.alack.de

Though it is not finished, you might be interested. The Code so far is here: Link to Thread

Maybe you´ve got additional ideas.

Vaska A / 2008-07-28 16:48:00   

Snoep...you realize this thread is a couple months old? You've already posted this info...enough is enough. I consider this double posting...

This thread has been closed, thank you.