Floating Menu & Crab/H Scrolling

Legohead / 2011-03-31 14:24:46   

Hello

I hate to do this because it's probably been said a million times but I have honestly looked thoroughly through the forums to no avail. I'm new to indexhibit and so far I've managed to create the cascading menu but ideally I want to create a menu that looks like this:

http://www.orunuddin.com/branding/custombuilders/

I want to create the same menu but not as long as it is on this site, I have seen it at a smaller size in length and not attached to the top or bottom of the window on other sites looking as if it's a floating box.

I also want to have the menu float over a horizontal scrolling of content, exactly like the site example, I know this is a plug-in but what's the best one to go with or does it even matter? I also want the images to conform to a set size, is this what happens anyway?

My site is:

http://www.robwestdesign.com/

Any help or even just a link or two to solve this or a nod in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

Legohead / 2011-03-31 14:25:17   

I've just realised this would be better suited in Customization if it could be moved somehow. Thanks

Legohead / 2011-03-31 16:52:51   

Ok, I've managed to set up horizontal scrolling which can found under the illustration bit for now, however I've looked through the php coding for the plug-in and wanted to know how I can format it so that the images sit in line and are confined to a specified size in order to eradicate the scrollbar on the right? Any ideas?

I have also changed the size of the menu on the right however I can't get it out of that corner and I want the size to adjust when the cascading options are all open so it adjusts to accomodate!

I have basic knowledge of CSS, please help! I have read some of the forum red guides.

Should I post this again in Customization?

Cheers.

Legohead / 2011-03-31 16:54:01   

*I meant size of the menu on the left

blameme / 2011-04-01 06:09:09   

1. Read more of the useful threads
2. Use firebug or similar
3. Edit css:

1. #menu {
  2. width: 130px;
  3. overflow: auto;
  4. top: 40px;
  5. left: 40px;
  6. position: fixed;
  7. }
  1. #menu .container {
  2. background-color: white;
  3. }
Legohead / 2011-04-01 09:31:54   

Brilliant! Thanks blameme

Rossw / 2012-05-13 09:34:40   

Hi there,

I'm looking to make the same kind of thing - I'd like my menu to float, and for the content to pass underneath.

Its a work in progress, but this page is a pretty good example:

Here

I've got the side scrolling & the fixed menu so I might even be almost there...?

Thanks!

lemathieu A / 2012-05-14 05:24:05   

Hello Ross,
what's the question ? what do you want to do and not achieve ?
if you want to see your content on the left of the "floating" menu as the first link of this thread, play with #menu .container margins (as you made with paddings).

Rossw / 2012-05-14 08:10:06   

Ahh okay, that's what I'm after. I'll give it a go - cheers for the hint!

This thread has been closed, thank you.