Moving "Built with"

amyliun / 2011-04-14 16:29:46   

Hi everybody!

First : Indexhibit rocks. I trully like it, it's simple and quick to build. Congratulations for the great work done!

Before someone tell me "Hey, search in the forum, or in the Useful Threads", I've already searched.
And nobody has the same problem as me. In fact, I tried with the tutorials or answers gave by members... But it still doesn't work.

So. I want to move the "Built With Indexhibit" link.
(I've already created a new link into the "postnav".)

But even if I've erased it from the "site/sample/index.php" file, (proof? there : http:www.gaelle-fernandez.fr/IndexHibit/files/index.png), it always come back, as a menu's item. (see here : http://www.gaelle-fernandez.fr/IndexHibit the last big pink square on the right side)

And, when i look at the source code, it shows me that the link is still in the index file!

I really don't understand and it turn me crazy, so please, Help meee!

(and if you have some idea for the expending menu's links, i'll be glad to hear your propositions.)

Thank you everybody, and excuse my poor english.

Jamiejoseffry / 2011-04-14 21:46:35   

You need to try and keep a link to indexhibit somewhere, its only good practice...

You can either delete it from the index.php section (of your theme) and add it elsewhere or replace it with something like this:

< div id='indexhibit'>Built with < a href='http://indexhibit.org' title='Indexhibit CMS' target='_blank' >Indexhibit < /a >< /div >

then you can call it up in your css using:

#indexhibit {
}

but you must still show a link!!! otherwise you cant use the forum and most importantly people wont know you've used indexhibit in its fully awesome nature!

p.s. it might be beacause your customising the eatock theme?!?!? I think I read that it cant be changed fully or something?!?!?

amyliun / 2011-04-15 02:58:22   

Hi Jamie,
So my english is reaaaally bad. I said "I've already created a new link into the "postnav"", and i wanted to mean : I have created a new link to Indexhibit in the postnav (in the backoffice, no need of code or else).
I know that indexhibit is wonderful and it's better to let it know to every visitor. (And it is a question of politeness too.)

But my problem is : I created the other link in the postnav, ok? Now, what i want to do is to erase the original link on my index page. And i did it (the index.png file shows it to you). But on my page, the link is still here and when i look at the source code (under firefox) i see that the link is still here, while i erased it on the index file.(my problem comes from an html link, not from the css...So the eatock theme is not my problem...for the moment ^^)

So, I'll try what you propose : create a div with a indexhibit id, and change it into the css.

And the eatock theme is customising, I did it! :)

Anyway, thank you for the answer, i'll come back to you when i'll have try your idea. (is it good english?)

++

blameme / 2011-04-15 03:12:51   

Hi amylium, James is right, you will need to change to the "sample" theme to customise your site.
you say you have removed the link in : site/sample/index.php
Changing that file will not do anything because you are using the "eatock" theme, and not the "sample" theme.

blameme / 2011-04-15 03:17:18   

Also the "eatock" theme has no index.php as it is built in to the system. Just change to sample theme, it will save you many problems.

amyliun / 2011-04-15 03:26:53   

I think it is not really clear. And because drawing is better than speaking, i'll show you some screenshots.

First, my post-nav link which, like I said, my new link for showing indexhibit existence to people. :Screenshot of the postnav link

Second, my index.php code into PSPad (so, in my ftp.): Code that i changed

Third : the source code showed by Firefox : Source code showed by firefox

And Fourth : my webpage, with the indexhibit link in postnav and the other (in the green rectangle) that i want to remove. : Webpage with the two links

I hope that helps you to understand my problem...

Jamiejoseffry / 2011-04-15 04:58:14   

Blameme has answered your question... it is the eatock theme thats causing problems.

Copy

....ndxz-studio/site/eatock/style.css

into

....ndxz-studio/site/sample/style.css

edit

....ndxz-studio/site/sample/index.php

in the back office change the drop down in setting from eatock to sample

this should stop your problems...

Vaska A / 2011-04-15 05:08:21   

You can't edit the Eatock template...which is why you must change the Sample (or make a new template set).

amyliun / 2011-04-15 06:03:58   

Guys, you saved my day!

Thank you so much!

Because i could change things in the css of eatock, I thought that it could be change in the index.php file!
What an idiot!

So, thank you so much, that problem is fixed!
Now, i have to fix the others things (like an expending menu)

But really, thank you, veryveryvery much.

kottonr / 2012-08-10 09:21:58   

Hi everyone,

I've tried everything above- but still can't seem to move 'built with indexhibit' to a different page.

kottonree.org/

Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Cornelia

Lamasfeir / 2013-03-27 23:10:43   

Hi everyone.

Does anyone know how to change the color of "BUILT IN" only?
It is the only black words on my page... i need to do it Grey like all the rest.
I can see it in my SAMPLE>INDEX.PHP file.

I would love it if anyone could tell me how, what and where to insert it.

Thank you.

arsondpi / 2013-03-28 07:25:02   

use a span tag

1. <span style='grey'>text goes here</span>
Lamasfeir / 2013-03-28 14:04:37   

Thank you :)))

This thread has been closed, thank you.