"database not installed"

chudmaxx / 2011-09-22 08:45:56   

Hello. I was trying to get clean urls for my site: www.chrischudleigh.com so i was following the threads about altering the htaccess and the defaults.php files. Nothing i tried worked so i tried putting the original files back and now i get this message "Database is not installed."

Am a bit stuck. Would love some help because it took me ages to get to this point! Thanks

pernin / 2011-09-22 10:49:31   

do you still have the ndxz-studio/config/config.php file?

and, have you worked on your site for a while or were you just starting?

chudmaxx / 2011-09-23 07:07:24   

I am not that far into any major customisation. I have installed the Horizontal layout, then added some code in the pre and post nav sections to include social network buttons. Also i changed fonts/ colours in the style.css

i am using cyberduck and when checking the files there is no ndxz-studio/config/config.php file however i think i have all the original content in a folder on my harddrive somewhere.

my problems only started when i began to edit the htaccess and the defaults.php files.

Vaska A / 2011-09-23 07:42:36   

You deleted your config.php file - you need to restore that file or manually recreate it (you can use the config.example.php as a template for that).

chudmaxx / 2011-09-23 14:49:46   

Thanks Vaska, i've uploaded the config folder (that contains the config.example.php file) back into the ndxz-studio folder however i still get the same message. When you say 'restore the file' what steps should i take? Should i open up the file in cssedit? then if so what should i be doing to the file?

Sorry got myself a little out of my depths here! ...But trying to learn

Vaska A / 2011-09-23 15:39:25   

Do you still have the database connection info that you used to setup Indexhibit in the first place?

chudmaxx / 2011-09-23 16:19:20   

i can access information about my database on my host site which is zymichost (http://zymic.com/)

pretty sure that's all the information i used when i initially installed indexhibit

Vaska A / 2011-09-23 16:39:32   

Just look at the config.example.php file and replicate it as a config.php file - then add your database connection info back. See what happens next...

pernin / 2011-09-23 16:49:42   

You don't need to change the last line (mysql). And of course, you need to rename the file to config.php ;)

chudmaxx / 2011-09-24 10:15:41   

literally i can't thank you enough!! site is back up and running. www.chrischudleigh.com (if you want to check it out. i would never have figured that out without your help, so thanks again!

...still have messy urls but will get reading and see if i can figure it out.

This thread has been closed, thank you.