remove scroll bar main page

extrafunk / 2008-08-15 10:29:01   

dear all,

I was wondering if I could remove the scroll bar JUST for the main page? I'd like to keep it for the other pages so people can view my work.

Thanks again,

Mark

Vaska A / 2008-08-15 12:25:59   

It's a little tricky as you have to identify which page is the 'main' page. Try this...not the most elegant way but it could work...just drop this into your text area and save it...be sure you leave a full break between it and whatever else is in the textarea.

1. <style type='text/css'>body { overflow: hidden; }</style>

See how that goes...

extrafunk / 2008-08-15 12:43:16   

Hey Vaska,

That seemed to do the trick for my mac/safari. But - yes, there is always a 'but' - it doesn't work on my pc/ie.

Any ideas on how to get that solved as well?

Another quick question. As you can see on:

MY SITE

The image in my right frame doesn't cover the whole frame. Hence the white line at the top of the image. There's also a vertical white spacing between the image and the left frame. This becomes visible when I change background color to black for instance. Seems like the image won't fill the frame.

What do you think?

Thanks for your input!

Mark

Vaska A / 2008-08-15 14:19:28   

Because you have not used the background image tool in the systems (Additional Settings)...you just placed it on the page.

oscarito / 2010-08-12 20:54:32   

Hi,

I would like to remove the scroll bar that is between the left menu and the right page content that appears when the menu is too long. In order to move both, menu and content, simultaneously... Is this possible?

Thanks in advance :-)

oscarito / 2010-08-12 21:06:42   

I answer myself. I think the solution is to change this two lines in css:

1. #menu
  2.     overflow: auto;
  3.     position: fixed;

to

1. #menu
  2.     overflow: visible;
  3.     position: absolute;

I don't know if this is dangerous :-)

harrydwyer / 2012-10-02 10:23:37   

Can anyone point me in the direction of the #menu bit in the CSS. I cant seem to find it anywhere...
Thanks

Harry

Vaska A / 2012-10-02 11:05:23   

You are using version 2 of Indexhibit Harry - #menu was replaced with #index in the CSS. Closing this thread because it's way overdue.

This thread has been closed, thank you.