how to make a section title NOT a link in the index?

plutek / 2012-06-13 19:19:19   

i've got some sections, which contain some exhibits. i want ONLY the individual exhibits within each section to be links. currently, the sections themselves are also links (to empty exhibits -- i don't want to display things for these SECTIONs, just for each of the exhibits they contain)

the desired effect would be like Daniel Eatock's site -- unlinked sections are the years, and only the individual exhibits within each year are linked to actual content.

thanks!

Vaska A / 2012-06-13 19:30:23   

I've already posted the fix for this - it was a bug.

indexhibit.org/downloads/…

plutek / 2012-06-13 19:42:17   

ok... i downloaded that plugin.index.php.zip, unzipped it, and replaced the plugin.index.php that was in ndxzsite/plugin. the problem still exists. do i need to activate that plugin somehow? i don't see it listed in my available plugins.

thanks again!

plutek / 2012-06-13 21:43:40   

aha.... in case anyone else is wondering about this, reading the comments in plugin.index.php gave the answer:

turn the Publish flag OFF for the SECTION -- it will still show in the index, but will not link to any content.

YAY!

artteca / 2012-06-20 18:22:46   

Hi!
I was wondering if there would be a way to do the same thing but when it comes to the subsection. lets say I just want to display the name of a projects but without showing any content. so the result is the title but not clickable.

(im new at posting in the forum and dont know where am i supposed to show the link to my web so i just give it here teresacacho.com, its the old version and still experimenting with the new one)

Lonneke / 2012-10-30 18:32:54   

Dear,

It seems to me, that the section title is still a link. Or anyway, the cursor will turn into a "link-hand". It's not clickable, but still...

Is there a fix for it, since I would like to change it...

J

Lonneke / 2012-10-30 18:34:24   

Hey,

lonnekeworm.com/…

Is the page

bipster / 2012-10-30 20:09:28   

Yes, even if you switch off the links the cursor will still be a hand. To fix this add the following to your style.css:

1. #index ul.section span.section_title { cursor: default; }
rossignolcaro / 2012-11-06 21:28:31   

Thanks!!

This thread has been closed, thank you.