repeat strong tags breaks save function

borispink / 2012-06-27 13:18:07   

Hi,
This is a bug I noticed in v2:

When entering a long list of text (with text processing on using any exhibition format) I was unable to save any edits or even preview the page. After searching on here for clues I thought it was a caching error, so cleared cache and tested in different browsers, but still I couldn't save or preview.

From what I can tell the root of the problem was caused by a line of text wrapped in a 'strong' tag, then a blank line, then another line of text opening in another 'strong' tag.

I deleted the closing strong tag from the first line and the opening strong tag from the following line, and was immediately able to save/preview.

Perhaps it was bad markup on my part but it might be useful if other people experience the same thing. A quick test and it's the same issue with other text styling (underline, italic, highlight etc).

Vaska A / 2012-06-27 13:43:14   

Can you ask your host if they are using mod_security and have noticed any flags coming from your site. This kind of thing, might be a bug, but I feel it's more like a mod_security issue.

borispink / 2012-06-27 16:11:55   

Ah ok, I've just sent the host a message -- will post an update once I hear back. Thanks.

scott3939 / 2012-06-27 17:09:11   

this is the problem i'm having with the pre-nav text. when i try to use both bold and make it a link, i'm unable to save. i wrote my host and they said its not being flagged, so i don't know what to do.

Vaska A / 2012-06-27 18:29:47   

hey guys, can you get through the weekend living with this? i will look at this some more...again...but i have so many things going on right now where if you sent me an email i will just lose it in the stack.

on monday, send me a note with your indexhibit login and ftp info and i'll look.

Vaska A / 2012-06-27 18:32:36   

i'll add, when i've been looking at this before it's clear to me that the info is not even getting back to the page ($_POST) which has always, in the past, made it a mod_security issue. it's very weird...

borispink / 2012-06-28 16:36:23   

I've got to call the host (between 9am-5pm) to walk through the issue with them so they can check live whether it's mod_security. I should be able to do this tomorrow and will let you know the situation. Happy to pick up on it next week -- cheers.

borispink / 2012-07-05 16:07:10   

Hi Vaska -- you were correct, it was a mod_security issue that's now been whitelisted. Now trouble free. Thanks for the guidance.

This thread has been closed, thank you.