Image in-betwen text

adambd / 2012-11-11 02:55:26   

Hi,

I would like to place my images in an exhibition in-between text.

eg -

text
text
images
text
text

I can only find the file placement option which puts ALL of the text before or ALL of the text after, I want to place some before and some after.

Thanks for your help.

adambd / 2012-11-11 03:04:22   

Here is the page that I am customising -

(running on v0.70d) ben-dror.com/…

(running on v2.0.1 ) ben-dror.com/new/index.php/designs/pod/

I want the layout to go like this -

text
images
video
text
facebook counter (html text)

I am interested to know how to achieve this with both versions of indexhibit but most importantly 2.0.1

arsondpi / 2012-11-11 09:18:51   

Hello!

the page that you referencing is basically a text/ vimeo code (in the text area) and a series of images after them.
To achive this you just need to set the Files Placement to "after" and insert the vimeo code in your text area box.

Otherwise you upload all your media (images/sound/film) normally and then you click the Edit button (the tools icon) under each kind of media.
Select "inactive", then "Insert image" and then Update.
Now in your text area you have

1. <media:gimg 'NAME_OF_FILE.jpg' />

which is basically a manual way to insert and have your media in your text area.

For example to get what you describe:

1. Text goes here
  2. <media:gimg 'NAME_OF_FILE.jpg' />
  3. <media:gimg 'NAME_OF_FILE.mov' />
  4. <media:gimg 'NAME_OF_FILE2.jpg' />
  5. <media:gimg 'NAME_OF_FILE3.jpg' />
  6. More text goes here
  7. <media:gimg 'NAME_OF_FILE.mp3' />
  8. More text goes here
  9. More text goes here
  10. <media:gimg 'NAME_OF_FILE4.jpg' />
  11. More text goes here
  12. Html goes here

Hope this helps.

adambd / 2012-11-11 10:08:43   

That kind of solves the issue but using that method I just end up with a number of images inserted onto the page.

I am looking to insert them using an exhibiton format eg - "visual index".

Is there a way to insert the "visual index" or and of the other formats inbetween text?

Thanks

Vaska A / 2012-11-11 10:15:12   

It's not possible to do what you want with an exhibit format. The above is the way to go...

adambd / 2012-11-11 10:29:14   

So there is no way to have text both above and below and exhibition format? Is there a way then to insert the images individually as thumbnails and link them to full-size versions?

This is a great pity, I think that the ability to insert the exhibition format in-between text would be very useful.

Is there any way then to insert just the Facebook counter below the exhibion format?

hectorhe / 2013-03-03 09:18:45   

Good morning:

I've been reading this topic and I have a question. Could anyone let me know, please, if is it possible add a specific "width" to ? How is the correct way to include it?

Thanks so much!

hectorhe / 2013-03-03 15:44:58   

Good evening:

I just discovered how apply measures, almost, it works for my:

Thanks so much!

This thread has been closed, thank you.