Styling section titles to = Exhibit titles

petrakka / 2012-12-17 22:04:44   

Hello again.
I've been trying to style my section titles on my site to = the exhibit titles (aside from color).

I would like for the titles "work" "shorts" and "editorial" to line up with the news, etc below them. I need to make them non-italic, shrink their font size and get rid of the additional spacing between them. I figured out getting rid of the bold trait and changing the colors but I can't get to the rest.

site is peterghoffman.com/…

Also I was fiddling with line 45 in base.css to change the font size but it didn't seem to work.

arsondpi / 2012-12-17 22:55:04   

#index ul.section span.section_title_2, #index ul.section span.section_2 a { for works
}
#index ul.section span.section_title_4, #index ul.section span.section_2 a { for shorts
}
#index ul.section span.section_title_5, #index ul.section span.section_5 a { for editorial
}

petrakka / 2012-12-25 20:05:50   

Thanks for your help on this.

I have tried using the code you supplied but can't seem to get it to work - I think there is an override somewhere that I can't figure out because even when I change attributes in firebug the only thing that will work is changing the color of the exhibit text (in the style.css document). but changing font size won't work at all?

I am the code here in base.css under line 45 - is that where it should be?

I don't really know much about this stuff - my brother was the one working on the site but left town for a little and has just been swamped with projects since he got back so I am trying to finish it up before the new year. If this question makes no sense I apologize - let me know what other information I can provide.

arsondpi / 2012-12-25 20:17:02   

I don't see any of the css rules I posted above in the style.css
I also don't know what exactly are you are trying to do but I did see the folllowing in style.css which may override the css rules above. Delete the !important depending on what you're trying to do...

1. #index ul.section span.section_title, #index ul.section span.section_title a {
  2.     font-weight: normal !important;
  3. }
  4. #index ul.section span.section_title, #index ul.section span.section_title a {
  5.     font-weight: normal !important;
  6. }
  7. #index  ul.section span.active_section_title, #index  ul.section span.active_section_title a {
  8.     font-weight: bold !important;
  9. }
petrakka / 2012-12-25 22:05:22   

I had removed it because I couldn't get it to work.
I did put it back in though and removed the !important - but still nothing.

I am trying to get the section titles identical to the exhibit text in spacing, size and in style (but keep the gold coloring). The gold text you see in my menu I want to be smaller, have no space between the lines and I want it to be normal (not italic)

maybe because all my section titles are links it has something to do with the link styles? but again I couldn't seem to get that to work either.

petrakka / 2012-12-25 22:15:02   

I found the spacing issue by adjusting #index ul.section { margin-bottom: 1em; } so now I just need to make those section titles not italic.

so close!

petrakka / 2012-12-26 04:10:06   

I don't think it's the cleanest solution but I went in and added font-style: normal with !important tag and it seems to override whatever was making things italic. I replaced the CSS files with the clean install files and the section titles were still italic. Baffling. Anyways - you can close this thread. Thanks again for the help.

This thread has been closed, thank you.