Horizontal Scroll / Exhibit

caferoyalbooks / 2012-12-21 08:00:49   

Having used 2.0 since day one It's time for a couple of questions relating to customers observations.

Here's my site, an 'exhibit' for example. caferoyalbooks.com/index.php/shop/peopled-streets/

Horizontal scrolling - positive feedback. However. people have said sometimes the see only one image if using a small browser, for example or low res screen. If they only see one image they don't realise there are more, so don't scroll. I could add a 'scroll>>>' sign but shouldn't need to.

A comment was that I should move the scroll bar to fit tight against the bottom of the exhibit, not the bottom of the page - to make it more obvious that there is more content to scroll through. Is this possible?

arsondpi / 2012-12-21 10:28:08   

it's possible but not recommended - fiddling around with user interface may create problems that you didn't think of...
I'd try to adjust the separator space (Admin/Formats/format.horizontal.php) or get the images a bit smaller.

Vaska A / 2012-12-21 11:36:19   

I think the scroll >>> isn't a bad idea.

One quick solution could be to simply add that kind of text to the first image caption.

> Scroll for more images

Putting the scroll bar directly underneath does present a wealth of issues to resolve.

caferoyalbooks / 2012-12-21 13:32:59   

yes the image caption is a good idea. Thank you. I switched to slideshow for now, might work well for what I need.

Vaska A / 2012-12-21 15:55:25   

I thought Pindaros was working on something with regards to this. Yes? No? ;)

arsondpi / 2012-12-21 18:21:27   

I guess I'll do this when I get my head around it... I need to do some drafts first... It could evolve into a theme.

twoblackeyes / 2012-12-28 17:33:14   

Which version of the CMS 2.0 slideshow are you using for this?

This thread has been closed, thank you.