working on my website offline (beta-version)

Christen / 2012-12-26 18:01:52   

Hi,
I was just installing version 2 and that part is done succesfull. But I'm curious if I can work on my website offline with a Beta-Version of my domain. Now my website of indexhibit is visible. Actually I wanted having run my old website till my indexhibit-website is ready to launch.
Any suggestions how to make that happen?

Thanks!

arsondpi / 2012-12-26 18:28:49   

get your old site online again. Install a fresh indexhibit with a new database in a subfolder in your root directory.
When you're ready delete the olad site and database and move the new site in your root directory.
:-)

Christen / 2012-12-27 13:22:36   

Thank you Arsondpi for your support.

Meanwhile I have installed again indexhibit in my subdomain-folder with a new database > the beta.domain is ready working "back-end" on my indexhibit website

But how to make having back my old website online?

arsondpi / 2012-12-27 14:34:09   

to make a backup download all the files in your serve.
Then login via phpMyAdmin to your database and export the database (if you don't know how/where phpMyAdmin is, ask your host)

Christen / 2012-12-27 16:01:30   

it's not about a backup. My concern is about that my previous website isn't visible anymore. Don't know what happend to my site. So I shut down that site temporarily.

arsondpi / 2012-12-27 16:59:55   

If you upgraded the site from a Legacy version Indexhibit, then the old site is now the new site!

What you can do is ask your host if he keeps backups and ask your host (or do this yourself) to revert to the latest working version of your old site - this means website files and database.
Then install a Indexhibit v.2 in that subfolder with a new database.

When the new site is ready simply delete the old site files and folders along with the database.

Christen / 2012-12-27 17:33:49   

Thank you very much for your fast reply and generous support. I will try to get back my old website and will see if I really build a site with indexh.
have a good evening

This thread has been closed, thank you.