Visual Index / Slideshow arrow keys navigation

Tristanh / 2013-01-03 16:32:16   

Hey guys,
me again...!

I asked this in another question (which is now closed) and, Vaska, you helpfully pointed me to the correct .css file to edit, but I am looking to do two things to the Slideshow format which I am currently using here - tristanhutchinson.com/the-luminous-detail/

1. I am looking to use the keyboard arrow keys to navigate backwards and forwards - can anyone help me with useful code to do this and where it should go?

2. Any ideas how I can utilize clicking on the image to advance forward?

I have googled these and searched the forums, but I am still unclear how and where I should add these changes.

Again, any help greatly received.

Tris

arsondpi / 2013-01-03 19:01:05   

to be honest you need coding skills to do this - javascript and php.
It's not a simple customization...

Vaska A / 2013-01-03 19:01:44   

I thought that was already coded into Slideshow, no?

Tristanh / 2013-01-03 19:04:59   

Arsondpi - thanks for that. Looks like that wont be happening with me!
Vaska - No, not that I can see. And it certainly doesn't work on my exhibit. Should it?

Vaska A / 2013-01-03 19:07:00   

I will be back in my studio on Monday - I'll take a look at the code then - I need to release the final version, too.

Tristanh / 2013-01-03 19:08:43   

Ahhh great stuff. Thanks Vaska. And thanks for the encouragement to stick with V2.0 - its amazing.

Happy new year too.
Tris

arsondpi / 2013-01-03 19:11:38   

Tristanh, Vaska is referring to the Slideshow format (currently a beta, under the Customization forum) and you're after doing these using the Visual Index format with permalinks as the on-click option.

Tristanh / 2013-01-03 19:19:10   

Hey,
Thanks for that Arsondpi, yeah OK you're spot on, thanks. So if I wanted to change this, its in the VI format?

Is it still complex re: your last post? If so, goddarn it! Any takers for advice on this?

Thanks again.
Tris

arsondpi / 2013-01-03 21:13:40   

yep!
In the Slideshow format (the one Vaska is talking about) of of the stuff you're talking about is already integrated...

This thread has been closed, thank you.