And You

Do you like how Slideshow...

Indexhibit version: 2.0
Thread is not resolved.

Vaska A
UNITED STATES
1 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

I'm just putting this out there because I customized Slideshow (the beta) for somebody.

Do you like the way the text shifts around underneath the image?

What I came up with was a tool for forcing the height of the image/movie. I find it infinitely better than the default. The only problem is that if you have a rather long image it could extend too far (but everything has little limitations).

Let's hear some opinions...

lemathieu A
FRANCE
1 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Yes, forced heights is better as visitors don't have to move their mouse each time to click next.
Voted ;)

paulchen25
GERMANY
1 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Forced heights.... That would be great!

Vaska A
UNITED STATES
1 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

I can show you what it works like - not that this site is a bit buggy as it's not completed and some small decisions are being made. This was an upgrade from v1 to v2...

chughes.net/projects/broad-museum/

lx
GERMANY
1 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Although I'm also of the opinion, that forced height is the better choice, I could imagine, that there are people preferring the other way. So what about a checkbox in the slideshow options, or would that be a hassle to implement? Otherwise, you could place the alternative slideshow format with variable height in the download section.

Vaska A
UNITED STATES
1 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

We'll definitely do both...one will be default and one (and probably others) will be downloadable in the plugins area (when ready to go).

Vaska A
UNITED STATES
1 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

How did he get text into the Slideshow? Hehe...it will happen...

lx
GERMANY
1 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Ha, ha. Yes, I noticed! :D
It's just an image, but I really thought about this before, namely, having slideshow using the caption text in a kind of overlay or iframe instead of the image. But that would mean to include a checkbox for this in the asset panel (were you can fill out captions for the images). C'mon Vaska, great challenge to get crazy. ;)

Vaska A
UNITED STATES
1 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Nope, not an image (it was earlier today though)...select the text...

lemathieu A
FRANCE
1 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Text is excellent (didn't noticed it).

lx
GERMANY
1 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Yes, fantastic, indeed! How does it work?
And can we expect this feature in the new slideshow format or is it a custom job only?

enricmontes
SPAIN
1 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

I'm really interested in the text as a slide!

csh
UNITED STATES
1 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Hey-
Vaska figured it out by uploading an .txt file (like you would a typical image) with html coding of the text you want to display. Once the file is uploaded use an cover image (in the image options) which can be anything because it won't show. This should do the trick...
I think it's just that simple... thanks Vaska for working it out!!
Casey

neumeec
BULGARIA
1 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Where I can find this format to test? I need exactly that.

arsondpi
GREECE
1 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Search the Customize section of this forum for a thread called "Test Slideshow beta" or something like this...
:-)

neumeec
BULGARIA
1 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Thanks, but in Slideshow beta missing force_height

Showing 1 - 16 of 16 posts in Forum » Customize » Do you like how Slideshow...

This thread has been closed, thank you.