Customizing permalinks slideshow

ggs / 2013-02-19 16:05:28   

I would like to use visual index with permalinks on-click (because overlay takes too long to load for me – trying to resolve this over in troubleshooting). However, with different image sizes and formats, images and captions move around on the screen too much for my taste. Especially if you have navigation below the image you are forever chasing "Next". Is there a way to center the images somehow? Or alternatively, a fixed height function?
Thanks!

Vaska A / 2013-02-19 16:09:17   

Can't you size all your images the same?

Fixed height is something that has been worked on but it's a little ways from being something we would release. I've showed a demo of it around here somewhere if you can find the thread...

ggs / 2013-02-19 16:22:04   

Thanks Vaska.
That was quick. The first idea – to somehow center the images in a fixed pane would be ideal, i.e. define a square area in which all images fit. I'm no html wiz so I have no idea if this is simple or tricky or at all doable in indexhibit. My hope is that someone might have done this already...
Resizing all images would be a last resort for me (there are quite a few) – and there are some panorama formats that would be extremely wide.

This thread has been closed, thank you.