Moving images from one gallery to another

Hotel_Existence / 2013-04-26 21:16:06   

Is there a way to move images from one gallery to another? I know in the legacy version this was not possible, but I have a ton of images to move which all have captions. I'd like to avoid having to upload every image again and recaption them.

Thanks,
Thomas

arsondpi / 2013-04-26 21:41:58   

What is exactly the issue because it's hard to understand?
Meaning, renaming an exhibit doesn't work for you?
Or do you want to upgrade?

Hotel_Existence / 2013-04-30 04:29:58   

What I meant was that I am creating a new theme for an existing indexibit site, and it is set up with paintings as the first section. Within the paintings section their are 15 or so subsections for each year that a set of works was created. Each year's subsection has a few images within it. My goal is to combine all the subsection years into one section. Is it possible to move my 300 or so images from the individual subsections into one section without having to re-upload them? If so how might this be accomplished?

arsondpi / 2013-04-30 06:05:48   

The easiest way is to reupload your images in one single exhibit.
Alternatively, assuming that you have coding skills, you can build a format or a plugin that gets all the images from all exhibits in one section.

arsondpi / 2013-04-30 06:16:47   

...thinking of this: you can try tagging all your images with just one tag (set a tag for each image by clicking the tools icon underneath it) and then use this tag url and create an index link for your index! :-)

Vaska A / 2013-04-30 09:16:16   

Indexhibit doesn't have that feature and it's not planned. It's very easy to upload many pictures at a time now (I believe the default max is 50 images).

And, if you really must, you could crack open PHPMyAdmin and simply move them by altering their media_ref_id to the new exhibit.

This thread has been closed, thank you.