Columner - Align section titles in Index to pics in Exhibit (Horizontal display)

putilobot / 2013-07-10 07:10:56   

Hey all,

I am quite new to Indexhibit, and couldnt find out how to offset all the Section titles in the Index part so that the first section's title ("1" in my website) is aligned with the first picture in the Exhibit.

I guess that must be somewhere in the style.css, but I am a bit at a loss here...
Any help greatly appreciated!

my url: fangsua.com

françois

arsondpi / 2013-07-10 07:28:51   

I clicked this page fangsua.com/index.php/project/63/
In order to get what you want you need to reduce the text width div (Admin>Formats>Horizontal, Options)
Something like 120px seems that would do the trick.

putilobot / 2013-07-10 12:16:32   

thanks a lot arsondpi. that should indeed do the trick for now. one thing though: it doesnt seem to apply for the exhibits thumbnails within the section, which are still stuck tot the left of the page. for example if you go here: fangsua.com/index.php/1/

also, would be great to know if there is a way to move the section titles, as i initially thought, instead of the pictures in the exhibit format - that could come useful a later point.

again, thanks for the support.

arsondpi / 2013-07-10 14:28:44   

But that's not horizontal format.
That is visual index, no?
Try adding in the css part of the format something like

1. #exhibit .container { margin-left: 120px; }
putilobot / 2013-07-11 06:30:26   

right, visual index, since as i understand we are dealing with a section, not an exhibit (and changing from visual index to horizontal in section properties turns the section into an exhibit)

when you say:
"Try adding in the css part of the format something like
#exhibit .container { margin-left: 120px; }"

you mean in in the style.css or maybe some css part in the format.visual_index.php file?
(first time of my life i ever dig into code...)

putilobot / 2013-07-11 06:55:45   

ok, in the css style, got it, after a bit of tweaking around : )
thanks a lot arsondpi!

putilobot / 2013-07-11 06:56:55   

(do i need to do anything to mark this thread off as resolved?)

This thread has been closed, thank you.