Thumbs in exhibition and section list

Beklad / 2013-11-18 10:20:38   

Dear all,

I'm currently working on a theme for a friend, which is going to be awesome. But I did bump into a problem. Because I want to recall the location of the thumbnails attached to the exhibitions in the list of all the projects (on your left). But I can't seem to figure it out. I already searched in the format.visual_index.php, but without any success.

I hope one of you can help me out. All I need is to recall is the URL of the thumb of the project.

Thanks in advance!

Beklad / 2013-11-18 11:20:20   

for your note: I'd like to implement it to plugin.index.php, so perhaps the thumbnail location is somewhere in the mysql-database?

Vaska A / 2013-11-18 11:35:28   

I want to recall the location of the thumbnails attached to the exhibitions

I'm not sure what this means or how you wish to implement this...

Beklad / 2013-11-18 12:04:19   

I'll try to explain it differently :)

This is what I want for the menu: i.imgur.com/…
So what I need to find is the location of the thumbnail for each exhibition, like the thumbs from the visual index. So I can attach it to the tooltip.

I hope this is clear enough :)

Vaska A / 2013-11-18 12:19:29   

Oof...that's going to be some work.

First, make a copy of plugin.index.php and put it in the $theme folder you are working on - it will simply override the one in the plugins folder. Now, you can edit it without fear...

You will need to add an additional part to the query to get the thumbnail in the results. You can look at /ndxzstudio/lib/filesourceexhibit.php for an example of how it's done for Visual Index. It's complicated though - be ready to look very closely.

And when you have that worked into the new index code, you can find a way to display it. These are pretty heavy pieces of code as I'm sure you have seen by now.

Beklad / 2013-11-18 15:11:05   

I've noticed, but I guess I'll figure it out. I thought maybe there was an easy solution for it. But it's good to know that I can override the original file by placing my own version in the theme folder, so thanks for that!

Vaska A / 2013-11-18 15:23:03   

Yes, you can do that - this is how you can make some really robust themes without affecting the default parts.

It's not a simple change. I try to not carry about too much info in the arrays and obtaining thumbnails for the exhibits is a bit intensive.

This thread has been closed, thank you.