And You

Vimeo - remove title/avatar/byline

Indexhibit version: 2.0
Thread is not resolved.

daveloder
UNITED KINGDOM
1 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

I have embedded a vimeo video using the plugin, but want to removed the default vimeo title/avatar/byline from it. Usually this is done by using the following;

How can I insert the relevant parts of the code into Indexhibit?

arsondpi
GREECE
1 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Hello!

Can you post a url with an example and be a bit more descriptive in what you're after?

daveloder
UNITED KINGDOM
1 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Whoops, the code seems to drop off my first comment. Here it is again, without the arrow thingies....

iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/68333662?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0

I want to try to insert title=0&byline=0&portrait=0 after the vimeo video ref, whereever that may be stored, unless there is another workaround?

daveloder
UNITED KINGDOM
1 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Heres a link to my website.....

daveloder.com/index.php/apparatus/entropy-the-future-that-is-to-come/

I want to remove the title and avatar/logo from the video that is added by default, the code I have posted above will allow this.

Vaska A
UNITED STATES
1 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Hmmm, I wasn't aware you could do that.

You would need to edit these additional parameters into the Vimeo plugin that is responsible for outputting this stuff. It's the Vimeo plugin directly or it could be the Vimeo function found in /ndxzsite/plugin/plugin.format.php. I would try the Vimeo plugin itself first...

daveloder
UNITED KINGDOM
1 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

OK, got it.....

I edited the plugin.formats.php (I did this offline and uploaded the modified file, as when I did it online via the Assets bar, it just gave me a totally blank screen).

At the bottom in the Vimeo section, I added ?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0 after player.vimeo.com/video/…, making sure it is inside the colons.

Voila!!

daveloder
UNITED KINGDOM
1 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

So it looks like this....

iframe src='player.vimeo.com/video/…' width='{$width}' height='{$height}' frameborder='0'

daveloder
UNITED KINGDOM
1 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Grrr, I mean.....

iframe src='[]player.vimeo.com/video/…' width='{$width}' height='{$height}' frameborder='0'

Without the [ and ] around http!!

daveloder
UNITED KINGDOM
1 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Last try......

[player.vimeo.com/video/…]

Between the colons.

daveloder
UNITED KINGDOM
1 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Bugger it.

daveloder
UNITED KINGDOM
1 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Add

?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0

after

$file

arsondpi
GREECE
1 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

* use code tags with a return space before and after them to include code - example

text

<code>code goes here</code>

more text here

Showing 1 - 12 of 12 posts in Forum » Customize » Vimeo - remove title/avatar/byline

This thread has been closed, thank you.