Header image above entire site in default theme

blackandredeye / 2014-02-19 01:24:46   

Hello, I am looking to put a horizontal header image above the entire site, spanning both index and exhibit areas. Is this possible in the default theme? You can see what I'm working on here: laurendenitzio.com/…

I'd like the image on the right to be above the menu and span across. Any help would be much appreciated!

thanks,
Lauren

arsondpi / 2014-02-19 08:38:13   

Hello!

There are some threads in the forum about this and there's a few ways to do this: indexhibit.org/forum/search/

Alternatively you could also check out the 'Comlumner for version 2.0' theme.
You could look this up also in the forum.

blackandredeye / 2014-02-21 15:58:50   

The other threads don't actually answer my question.

What I'm looking for is a horizontal image across the top LIKE what is possible in Columner, but then using a vertical menu and exhibit space to the right of the menu. So it would be as if you took a regular, Default indexhibit theme and put a horizontal image on top of the whole page. Does that make sense?

Thanks!

arsondpi / 2014-02-21 20:51:44   

Actually if you read thoroughly there's many threads from the thread search above that answer your question. There's many ways to do this.
The most simple is to add a horizontal div in the index.php of your theme (the default folder is the default theme) before the #index div and style that div exactly like you want to.

blackandredeye / 2014-02-24 05:49:01   

Thanks!

Maybe I was just searching for the wrong keywords. Everything I saw seemed to be talking about the Columner theme. I will try the div edit though. Thanks.

This thread has been closed, thank you.