iframe plugin only gives a small box

NWhite / 2014-02-24 11:41:31   
  1. Hi,
  2. I'm having a frustrating time with the iframe plugin (plugin.ndxz_iframed.php) - I'm not a coding expert but I think that the following line isn't running: 
  3. $(window).resize( function() { iframer(); } );";
  1. I have two examples where I have linked a file using the index link function and all I get is a bit of the page showing inside a small box. I notice that if I resize the browser the iframe dimensions are recalculated and it appears as it should. I have also unsuccessfully tried linking using the coding as suggested:  
  2. <div><plugin:ndxz_iframed url='nickwhite.co.uk/behind_the_scenes/behindthescenes_luzmira.html' /></…;

The test pages are at:
nickwhite.co.uk/index.php/behindthescenes/test2---no-formatting/ (this links to: nickwhite.co.uk/behind_the_scenes/… )

and

nickwhite.co.uk/index.php/behindthescenes/test1/ which links to nickwhite.co.uk/behind_the_scenes/…

I've seen threads that suggest people have encountered a similar problem but I haven't seen it resolved. Any help would be much appreciated. Many thanks

NWhite / 2014-02-24 11:44:34   

BTW - I don't know how those first few lines there got the 'code' tag wrapped all the way round them - I only put them around the actual code!

arsondpi / 2014-02-24 12:08:29   

Something's odd here - as soon as I expand the window size the iframed content goes to normal size (full #exhibit size)

I searched the internet and I found this solution which I'm not sure how valid it is (in terms of correct code)
Find line 31

1. $(window).resize( function() { iframer(); } );";

and replace it with

1. $(document).ready(function() { iframer(); });
  2. $(window).on('resize',function() { iframer(); });";

You can try this at your own risk - please backup everything prior to attempting any customizations.

NWhite / 2014-02-24 12:29:12   

You're a star, arsondpi! Thank you for that - it resolves everything - I'm just wondering why it hasn't appeared on the forum before. I'll be taking those test pages down but if anyone else comes here then do try this solution - you will just need to change the code as suggested in the ndxzsite/plugin/plugin.ndxz_iframed.php file.

Many thanks once again - I'd wasted days over this!

Nick W

This thread has been closed, thank you.