Centering the Exhibit

juliejira / 2014-03-10 23:31:51   

Hello Hello,
I am trying to center my exhibit evenly on the left and right sides. I've tried customizing the code in the style.css file, setting the margin widths to auto on the left and right sides.

Any other ideas of how I can get the visual index to center based on the width of the browser?

Website here: juliejira.com/photographs/

arsondpi / 2014-03-11 00:03:01   

Hello!

From a quick search (indexhibit.org/forum/search/) you'll see that it won't be easy but it won't be hard - always depending on your coding skills.

Wrap your #index and #exhibit inside a div (#wrapper) and give it a set width.
Then you can center it in your page.
The issue/trick here is to center every format as well, which will require some time and format customization.

Vaska A / 2014-03-11 01:11:05   

We really need to get a centered theme out the door...you up for this this week Pindaros?

Hi Julie. ;)

juliejira / 2014-03-11 20:23:26   

Hello Hello!
Thank you for the advice. I'm still learning to code and found a thread that seemed to be getting me in the right direction ( indexhibit.org/forum/thread/17303/ )

I'm going a bit cross-eyed though...I don't know why my #img-container is 960px when I "inspect the element"...and why there are only two columns of thumbnails. (I'm not sure what set it to only two) It still isn't centered, but it looks like it is more even than before.

Also, I used the wrapper, but it seems that #class and #img-container aren't in the wrapper...

Any thoughts/ideas are greatly appreciated! :)

juliejira / 2014-03-12 03:03:20   

I was able to figure out the issues from the previous post.

After putting the body contents in a wrapper, I centered the exhibit container in the index.php file and made sure the index and exhibit were aligned in the style.css file.

I used a table for the menu in the "Pre-Nav Text" ...which is a bit of a work-around...but it works for what I need so far.

I'll continue to post here if I come across any other issues and their resolutions, as I start to style it further.

This thread has been closed, thank you.