Image Upload size

stephbk123 / 2014-04-09 21:31:40   

Hi,
I am fairly unexperienced with web design, so please bare with me. I am receiving errors when trying to upload images, even though they are 1.76MB, for example. I have contacted my hosting, asmallorange, and they stated that "The upload_max_filesize and post_max_size variable are already 256MB for PHP as such no additional changes are required", followed with this additional help:

It looks like the indexhibit script is not properly reading the servers php.ini setting for the upload_max_filesize and post_max veritable. This page will show you the php limits for your site stephaniebk.co.uk/ndxzstudio//… As you can see the limits are set to 256Mb You may want to contact the scripts support team or developer with this information and see what they have to say on the subject.

Thanks

Vaska A / 2014-04-09 22:03:55   

Indexhibit does not read php.ini for max size...

You can change the amount in /ndxzsite/config/options.php (you'll see it there plain and simple).

We have arbitrarily set the amount at 200kb because many shared web hosts do not have enough power to resize large images. If you change that value to 1.8MB it's not unlikely that it will crash the server at uploading. This is a limitation on the side of webhosts. An image that size is very big for the internet even these days.

So, change the value to what you think you want and see if it works. If it does, great. If not, you need to upload smaller images.

jakubwroblewski / 2014-04-11 16:16:50   

hello, where can I find: /ndxzsite/config/options.php
mysite/ndxzsite/config/options.php don't work
thanks

Vaska A / 2014-04-11 16:36:36   

You pull it up with FTP and edit with your code editor - you can't pull it up directly with a web browser.

If you are using a Mac I highly recommend Coda because it does both things at the same time directly on your site.

This thread has been closed, thank you.