Error in media.php file

mschaff / 2014-09-09 23:20:09   

Hi, im new to Indexhibit. I looked through the forum but could not find the help I need. I am using the vimeo plug in and I get an error message that leaves me without a video or cover.

Warning: imagecreatefromjpeg(): gd-jpeg: JPEG library reports unrecoverable error: in /home/matsch161/mattschaff.com/ndxzstudio/lib/media.php on line 938

The same issue happens when I upload a photo, I see a crossed out blank thumbnail over. And there is a syntax error.

I believe there is something wrong with my media.php file...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Vaska A / 2014-09-09 23:32:48   

Try simply reuploading the file - perhaps FTP didn't get all of it...

mschaff / 2014-09-10 14:23:36   

Thanks for the suggestion...

I just tried that a couple times. First just the media.php file then I even replaced everything on my FTP. I'm still having the same problems.

Any other ideas?

Vaska A / 2014-09-10 14:27:46   

I'd like to look at this...can you send me your FTP and studio login?

support at indexhibit dot org

Vaska A / 2014-09-11 11:54:05   

Everything works for me. I've created a Test page on your site so you can see...

Make sure you Vimeo is allowed for public display.

mschaff / 2014-09-11 14:21:21   

Ah I see...I think the vimeo privacy issue was the problem. Thanks for the help.

There is an option on vimeo to "hide from vimeo" but allow the video to be embedded on certain sites. Is it possible to make that work?

Vaska A / 2014-09-11 14:34:35   

It's up to Vimeo - Indexhibit simply does what it's allowed to do.

mschaff / 2014-09-11 16:24:51   

I see. While I have you can I ask one other question. I am setting up my site with a hidden visual index page that then points to my different exhibits when you click on the thumbnails.

In several of my exhibits I will have multiple videos and I would like to display all of the covers in my visual index page. The default only appears to display whatever media file is first in the exhibit. Is there a way to make them all be displayed?

Again, really appreciate it!

Vaska A / 2014-09-11 18:16:27   

I'm not sure I understand, can you show me?

mschaff / 2014-09-11 18:59:38   

On the home page you only see one image per exhibit that I have created. I would like there to be an image for every piece of media..so if an exhibit has two videos I would like the cover images of both videos to appear on the home page.

For instance if you click on the first exhibit "Ben Moore-Monster" you will see that there are two videos. But on my homepage only the first video appears in my visual index.

Follow? Sorry for the confusion.

Vaska A / 2014-09-11 19:08:48   

That's not easy - and simply not how Visual Index works - you would need to rewrite VI to do that...customization...

mschaff / 2014-09-11 19:14:25   

That's what I figured, thanks for all the help. I'll keep playing

This thread has been closed, thank you.