config.php syntax error

arthurprior / 2015-02-05 16:31:25   

Hi, after having successfully resolved this issue for my website arthurprior.com, a similar problem is persisting for my other domain constanzadessain.com

I am seeing two error messages in the error log for this domain:

[03-Feb-2015 11:58:27 America/Denver] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'host' (T_STRING) in /home4/constax3/public_html/ndxzsite/config/config.php on line 6

and

[03-Feb-2015 12:03:05 America/Denver] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ''ndxz_’);' (T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE) in /home4/constax3/public_html/ndxzsite/config/config.php on line 8

Its strange because I have not played with the syntax for the config file and have restored the config from a newly dowloaded version. I have also tried to use the example.config.php file. Can anyone point to the cause of this problem?

Vaska A / 2015-02-05 20:33:54   

I'm not really sure what's going on there...

The second error message is looking for something from "ndxz_" - that's not right. Sounds like you have mixed up files.

Is PHP enabled?

arthurprior / 2015-02-05 21:21:40   

Do you mean is php enabled in my source code editor? If so, yes it is. Otherwise what do I do this?

Heres what I have in my config file:

1. <?php  if defined'SITE' exit'No direct script access allowed'
  1. $indx['db']         = 'x';
  2. $indx['user']         = 'x';
  3. $indx['pass']         = 'x';
  4. $indx['host']         = 'localhost';
  5. $indx['sql']        = 'mysql';
  6. define('PX', 'ndxz_');

I have downloaded a fresh config.php file from the indexhibit website and inserted it into the database with correct log in details.

Vaska A / 2015-02-05 21:23:58   

Something is clearly wrong with the db connection - just like the previous question you had. You'll need to suss that out...

arthurprior / 2015-02-05 21:42:24   
  1. Solved. Vaska, the files that are available to download on your website contain a config file with define('PX', 'ndxz_'); in line 8
  1. It should be this:
  2. define('PX', 'ndxzbt_');
Vaska A / 2015-02-05 21:43:27   

The example files does but not the installer system.

This thread has been closed, thank you.