Internal Server Error

heidi1984 / 2018-01-16 18:03:59   

Hello -

Pardon if this thread is already somewhere - Im not an expert on this so IM VERY CONFUSED.

Currently my website is down - Im using Indexihbit with Godaddy and Im getting this error message when I got to my website.
Internal Server Error.

__

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache Server at heidipetty.com Port 80

HELP - what do I do!? Its been down for a couple days.

Thank you!

Vaska A / 2018-01-16 18:33:59   

Do you have a backup of your site? You could restore that...

This is likely either a database issue or your site has been hacked (sadly, it happens).

Databases can become unlinked from sites - if a login/password are changed and in some cases it just happens. You should check the login/password (/ndxzsite/config/config.php) and also the db user and make sure it has all privileges (Your host provides these tools).

Also, if they forced a server update on you - your site could simply need to be upgraded to newer Indexhibit code. You should ask them if they have done this recently.

If it was hacked, restoring your files is the first thing to try. Otherwise, you could reupload the system folder (/ndxzstudio) and the root index.php file and see what happens. From there, you should check the .htaccess file for odd code and the next step would be to go through the /ndxzsite 'plugins' and your theme folder looking for bad code and/or replacing those files, too. If you haven't customized your site much it's pretty easy.

That's where things begin - there are threads around here with more info, etc., on these things.

Vaska A / 2018-01-16 18:35:11   

Actually, I have a feeling the server was updated to newer PHP and you need to update your entire site. This is why we update code... ;)

heidi1984 / 2018-01-16 18:49:16   

Hello Vaska -

Thanks for your timely response.
So Ive logged in cyberduck and see that everything is there - and notice the last update on my website stuff is as of 1/13/18.

bare with me Im no expert...

To update my entire site is there thread on the forum I should refer to do this from the ftp. Do I need to do anything from godaddy or is this just a ftp thing I need to do?

heidi1984 / 2018-01-16 20:37:45   

GoDaddy says im still on PHP Version 5

heidi1984 / 2018-01-16 20:49:37   

Also the date that my ftp shows that it was updated reflects when Godaddy send me an email about "DNS NOTE: Your account has been assigned the new IP address"

Do I need to change the IP address on the ftp?

Vaska A / 2018-01-16 21:13:18   

I don't know, you need to ask Godaddy about how FTP works with them.

To be honest, I have had many problems with them just this year. I've moved three sites away because it was impossible. And many more over the years...

You need version 5.6 or better for the newest Indexhibit.

heidi1984 / 2018-01-16 21:34:10   

crap, thank you

Vaska A / 2018-01-16 22:18:56   

i rarely do this anymore...because it's too much work. send me an email and support at indexhibit dot org and i'll see what i can do.

heidi1984 / 2018-01-16 22:48:51   

OKAY THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Vaska A / 2018-01-17 00:56:42   

i looked into this...the damn webhost had changed the database hostname and never mentioned it. lame...

and all good now.

This thread has been closed, thank you.