next / previous project button wish

vandaan / 2008-11-29 18:07:25   

Hey there,

I'm looking for a way to get next / previous project buttons, and preferable that a synced active menu state (dunno if this would auto do this...).

For the wishlist it would be like really nice if the next / prev. only shows for specified cat: i.e. 'work' and not in 'about me'.

I have nothing online, running it locally...

Axel / 2009-01-06 20:46:27   

hi vandaan,

i´m also looking for a solution like you described in your wishmail.
have you recieved any answers yet or have you found a solution by your own?
on the site bureoink.com you can see how i want to include that button in my page.

looking forward to get any answers ;)

AntoineLafontaine / 2009-01-07 02:31:35   

You could achieve this via PHP or possibly via some javascript trickery.

There's not a "one solution for all" to this request I'm afraid. (at least not one I can think of right now)

The basic idea would be:

using PHP: you have all the exhibits links in the query used to build the menu. In the menu generating PHP template (site/plugin/index.php) you could add the "next exhibit" link and get the necessary link data from the query.

using javascript (and jQuery): you could look for the active exhibit and then get the link information for the next item in the menu list and then dynamically insert/create your link in the menu.

Off course this is just a very general outline and this would either require you to learn/grasp some PHP or javascript. If you're not the programmer type, I would suggest going the javascript way and get your hands dirty with jQuery. This will come handy in more than just this case and it is actually quite empowering when you overcome the first hurdle.

Hope that helps.

Axel / 2009-04-21 11:07:46   

hello again,

with a little help of a friend i found a first solution for me concerning "prev/next"-button in sections. in the sections "Archiv" and "Recent Work" on my site retype.de we implemented. still a little buggy but it works ;)

if i have finished the customisation i will post the related code here.

Vaska A / 2009-04-21 11:10:55   

Interesting...wow...this gives me an idea...

Well, it's not a new idea but something I can add to the new version...but proceed with your thing and post it back here. People will be interested...

krijj / 2009-06-16 13:40:49   

Hi Axel,
Have you finished your customisation ?
I'm really interested in the way you do it ?

Thanks,

This thread has been closed, thank you.