Section Title Colors

srfenste / 2008-12-10 20:12:39   

Is there any way to change the individual colors of the section titles? So that About is green, Build is blue, and Experiment is pink.

Here is my site
www.pinholeculture.com/

I am still working on it, so if you look at it, sorry it's a mess.
Thanks!

Doctor_Osimo / 2008-12-10 20:48:05   

Not with CSS. You have to edit the system…

srfenste / 2008-12-10 21:12:24   

Ok. Could anyone be more specific? I have been trying this for awhile now. Like specifically what file would I edit. I am very willing to do/try new things, I just need that first head start. Much thanks!

unttld / 2008-12-10 21:55:12   

Well, the css is #menu ul li.section-title {} but that will affect all the section titles equally.

You'd have to go deep into the core files and find the function that builds the menu structure and rewrite a bunch of it so for every li.section-title it creates it will append it with -01, -02, -03, etc.

I'm not sure what file you'd want to go looking in. You'll probably need to bust out your PHP/MySQL skills, and you'll most likely void some warranties.

Vaska A / 2008-12-10 22:30:25   

It's not that hard...you would edit it up in the /ndxz-studio/site/plugin/index.php file.

It already exists in the new version...it's coming.

Vaska A / 2008-12-10 22:35:37   

Ok...edit up line 182:

1. $s .= "<ul id='section-" . $out[0]['secid'] . "'>n";

If that gets you the output great...if not...I've got nothing else on this one.

srfenste / 2008-12-11 02:57:18   

Thanks! I really appreciate it. Indexhibit has really allowed me to learn a lot!

tasslehoff / 2013-11-30 04:44:16   

Sorry but anybody could do something like this in cms2? I remember that, in the old version i could do it inserting some basic html color code throw the sections admins whitout touching the code.

Anyone could resolve this?

arsondpi / 2013-11-30 13:21:06   

This is a Legacy version thread and not a Version 2 thread.
In the old version you could enter code? I never tried that - I remember people reporting messed up sites because of that.
Anyhow as I mentioned in the previous thread you can affect the looks and even pseudoclasses of nearly everything using css.
Look at your source code and target your html elements using Firebug.
It's easy.

This thread has been closed, thank you.