insert image question

jeremix / 2009-06-10 20:43:20   

hi,

First, i'm still discovering indexhibit, really nice tool !
Next... i've just read the forum rules... a bit late... so bad... so... here's my test link: YOOOP
{edit: we LOVE clickable links ;) }
So, my question...
When i click on the arrow insert button in the file manager, i'd like the code to be inserted where i have my cursor instead of at the end of the textfield.
I've read threads about that, and it seems that i have to make my own template.

But before trying that, i was wondering if there was a way to do this by modifiying ModInsImg function (modEdit.js) to tell images not to be pushed in img-container div, but in a custom content div.

Good idea or not ?
Not sure at all...

iwakami / 2009-06-10 23:08:00   

hi
do you really need to have the "code inserted where the cursor is" that much?
maybe the new version solves that... or not... but it doesn't seem that much of a problem to me - opinion.

jeremix / 2009-06-11 07:47:21   

Hi !
I'm agree with you, not a problem for me.
But i try to simplify the task for the friend that is going to update the content.
I guess that she would have prefered having a wysiwyg editor, but as the generated code is often bad i've choose to customize quicktags with custom css (to insert code for titles, subtitles etc... ). It works well. The only thing now is that little problem of inserting images where you want (even if i know she only will have to copy / paste the code in the right place, it would be easier to just have one click to do).
I've searched a lot, and still searching where i can modify this. It's also a good way for me to try to understand more of indexhibit structure, php etc... which is not really my best competence !

This thread has been closed, thank you.