Page Name Blank / No-edit?

softcall / 2009-10-10 20:47:29   

Hello!

Thanks again for these great resources!

In an attempt to change the browser "title" of my home page, I've renamed the exhibit name to a blank space. It doesn't seem editable anymore, and in the exhibit list it's row is much thinner than the rest because there's no text in the name part.

May I edit the homepage exhibit name?

May I then edit the browser title to reformat the "title : object"??

THANK YOU, I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST IN LIFE.

Vaska A / 2009-10-11 13:11:29   

If you are unable to edit it...you will need to use PHPMyAdmin to edit the title directly. Or, just delete the page and re-create it.

You can edit the template if you would like to change the formatting for the name...

djimenez02 / 2009-10-24 20:04:39   

Vaska... Hello again, been some time since I've had any issues. Thanks again for a great app. I am pursuing the similar issue as the above user. Basically the exact same thing happened mistakenly. Of the two options you present above, I would most certainly prefer to edit the title directly. I have successfully found my way into the PHPMyAdmin from my hoster, but am not sure/can't find where to do such editing? I've basically exhausted all research for an answer, as I know you don't like us asking silly (already answered questions) but I've got nothing on this one.

Please help.

Thanks,
Day

djimenez02 / 2009-10-24 20:58:45   

Vaska,

As I continue to try and solve this problem... I believe I may or may not have found the location to rename. Under the objects table in the PHPMyAdmin, but there is only one, when in fact my site has various exhibits? Hmmm....

In addition, I've also looked into deleting this exhibit to recreate it, but am unable to do so as this is my "start page". Indexhibit app, doesn't even bring up the delete option (trash can icon) for this exhibit when I am editing it.

Anything?

djimenez02 / 2009-10-26 13:32:56   

Vaska?

Anybody?

arsondpi / 2009-10-26 16:27:41   

Yes it should be in objects with no. id -> 1
Click on the pencil icon (edit) and then the fourth row from the top and fill the text box on the right.

Krisx / 2010-09-08 09:08:35   

Thanks a lot Arson, I have tried filling boxes with stuff but nothing seems to change. Any advice?

http://christianandersen.net/index.php?/phpadmin/

arsondpi / 2010-09-08 09:37:33   

_
1. Login to phpMyAdmin and click/select your database
_
Click the tables icon

_
Click the pencil (edit) buton of the exhibit that has an id of 1

_
type something in the title input box

_
5. Hit the Go button at the bottom of the same page.

can't get easier than this...

Krisx / 2010-09-08 10:39:53   

Great! Thanks a lot arsonpi!!

hermdog / 2011-08-27 18:21:00   

sure it renames it on the site, but if you, say post it to facebook... it somehow remembers the first name you ever gave the first 'info' exhibit... i been into to the database and it it just has the same name..

This thread has been closed, thank you.