Exhibit images as links?

cassettenova / 2009-10-24 13:59:57   

Hi all,

Thanks for the help as always. Tell me, how can I make exhibit links into images? I've looked at the horizontal.php file, or changing the HTML directly, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it.

Basically, I have these press images here, and I want the screen captures to link directly to their source links.

lemathieu A / 2009-10-24 14:11:33   

edit : wrong answear… misunderstood.

lemathieu A / 2009-10-24 14:21:48   

you can do it via the file uploader (the little folder icon at the top left of your text area), then you make it a link this way :

1. < a href="where your link goes">< img width="XX" height="XX" border="0" src="the address the file uploader gives you, where your image is" alt=""/>< /a>

WITHOUT SPACES AFTER THE OPENING BRAKETS (sorry for the caps but it's important)

;)

seansberg / 2011-07-05 20:38:17   

Bringing up an old thread here after searching, so I apologize in advance. Is there a way to make this happen with the horizontal theme? I know how to do the basic HTML code and linking in the text area, but that will not make the images take on the theme selected, it simply stacks the images on top of each other. Thanks in advance.

hoz7 / 2011-07-29 14:48:55   

This is an incredibly ghetto fix, but one that has worked for me:

Create a copy of the image you would like to be a link and put it one your server.

Plug this code into the caption box (you might have to edit the module to allow for a greater caption size), and adjust the position parameters until it overlays the image you would like (delete the spaces)

< a style="position: relative; left: X px; top: Y px;" href="your-link-here">

It might be most prudent to change the image you are overlaying the link over to a white box, the same size as the link image.

This thread has been closed, thank you.