Indexhibit
Index + Exhibit

Login:

Created by
Daniel Eatock
Jeffery Vaska
And You

Indexhibit was updated to version 2.1.5 on January 14th, 2018.

Database information problem

Indexhibit version: 2.0
Thread is not resolved.

pabloparis
FRANCE
10 month(s) ago
Permalink Post

Hello all,

I am having a problem to set up indexhibit, at the database stage.

I am using OVH hosting, I did read that there were some problems with this host, but I have set up several other websites with the same host and settings, and I never had any problem before, so this is a strange problem ...

I checked every documentation or topic I could find on the subject but couldn't find any solution.
I first thought the problem came from OVH, but I called the support and checked with them I could connect to the web interface phpmyadmin and it worked fine. I triple checked password user and address information, to make sure it was fine.

Do you know what the problem could be ?

I can provide any other information you would need to check the issue.

Thank you,
Pablo

Vaska A
UNITED STATES
10 month(s) ago
Permalink Post

What is the actual problem you are having? It works fine on OVH these days - it was many years ago that they had an odd setup.

Forums really suck because info from long ago doesn't necessarily apply to today.

pabloparis
FRANCE
10 month(s) ago
Permalink Post

Thank you for your answer.

I get two red crosses and a "check config" message every time I try to enter the database information. I checked every thing and tried every different possibility I could think of but still get the same message.

Vaska A
UNITED STATES
10 month(s) ago
Permalink Post

Did you try the updated database file from out github?

github.com/Indexhibit/…

Download...unzip...grab /ndxzstudio/db/db.mysql.php...replace the file on your site...see if you can install now.

There is a bug with mysql 5.6 that is being rather annoying at the moment. I'm still trying to find something that properly works. Let me know how it goes...

Sun_Jeong
NEW ZEALAND
10 month(s) ago
Permalink Post

Hi there,

Having same problem - xx check config msg even with files form the github. I've done it a month ago and worked fine but this time i've tried re-processing the installation so many times still didn't work. Is there any updates on this issue

pabloparis
FRANCE
8 month(s) ago
Permalink Post

Hello Vaska,

Sorry for the really late answer ... I had a lot of work lately that kept me from working on this project.

I just tried what you suggested and I'm still stuck at the same stage with a new error though. I get on this page ../ndxzstudio/?a=system&q=preferences&flag=true after entering the db information (I double checked it again) and there is an error message in a yellow box : "error finding settings".

Thank you for your time

Pablo

pabloparis
FRANCE
8 month(s) ago
Permalink Post

Hello Jeffery,

I'm still unable to install indexhibit. Do you, or anyone, have any update on the issue ?
Is there any other host that you would recommend rather than ovh ? I will still try to make it work on OVH, but I also want to build another site and I can take another host that you know that there is no problem with !

Thank you for your help
Pablo

Showing 1 - 7 of 7 posts in Forum » Installation » Database information problem

Only purchasers of Indexhibit are able to post in the forum.