Indexhibit

Login:

Created by:
Daniel Eatock &
Jeffery Vaska

Built with Indexhibit

White box behind text. highlighted menu.

Indexhibit version: 2.0
Thread is resolved.

marcgm
CANADA
11 month(s) ago
Permalink Post

Greetings,

I've spent considerable time looking at the forum/googling and I can't seem to fully understand the answers given. My site :

I wish to have a white semi transparent box behind my paragraphs. The solution seems to be inside the style.css file at the #content line. But i don't have the #content line inside that file.

As for the menu, I've made it transparent and would now like to have the sections highlighted (making the white writing stand out).

Hope I made myself clear. Any help on that matter would greately be appreciated.

Kind regards

marcgm
CANADA
11 month(s) ago
Permalink Post

marc-grimpe-m.com

Best Answer!
arsondpi
GREECE
11 month(s) ago
Permalink Post

In style.css find and edit:

1. #exhibit p, code, blockquote { width: 450px; margin-bottom: 1em; /* line-height: 1.3em; */ background-color: rgba(256, 256, 256, 0.5); padding: 0 4px; }

To affect the section titles the general css selector that you want to affect is

1. #index ul.section span.section_title, #index ul.section span.section_title a {
  2.     background: rgba(100, 100, 100, 0.3);
  3. }
marcgm
CANADA
11 month(s) ago
Permalink Post

Thank you 'arsondpi', I really appreciate your help.(1.) I wonder if theres a way to not have these boxes behind images? I guess once this is selected, theres no way to select which text will have these boxes, right?

(2.)Also, to change the dimensions of these boxes (ex. start a bit higher on top of the text), it's the padding that will have to be modified, right?

(3.)Finally, I really don't see the sequence of #index ul.section span.section_title a . I ran a search and it's not there.

Best Answer!
arsondpi
GREECE
10 month(s) ago
Permalink Post

The solutions I posted above are just suggestions.
I can't know exactly what you're after when it comes to styling your css.
The boxes can be styled for a specific css selector - for example you can apply the above styling to

1. .white_box { background-color: rgba(256, 256, 256, 0.5); padding: 0 4px; }

and then in your text box:

1. Some text here with no semi transparent background
  2. <span class='white_box'>Some more text with semi transparent background</span>

As for your last question if you can't find the css selector then create it in your style.css

marcgm
CANADA
10 month(s) ago
Permalink Post

Thank you very much. I'll continue playing with it, just need to tweak it a bit. As for creating it in my style.css, can I add it anywhere or does it have to be located somewhere logical with the overall layout (for it to work)?

arsondpi
GREECE
10 month(s) ago
Permalink Post

you either need to edit already existing css selectors or simply paste the code in the end of the script.

marcgm
CANADA
10 month(s) ago
Permalink Post

Ok, thank you for all your help. You made it very clear. It's really appreciated.

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 posts in Forum » Customize » White box behind text. highlighted menu.

This thread has been closed, thank you.