logo / icon on the address bar

erapuro / 2008-05-02 10:43:33   

Hi,

Just want to kow how to do/get the logo on the address bar like Daniel Eatock has before his URL?

Simon_Lagneaux / 2008-05-02 14:00:09   

You can use this site to generate the favicon.ico from a picture.

Then put the .ico in your template folder and add this line between the head tags of the index.php of your template folder:

<link rel='shortcut icon' href='<%baseurl%>
/ndxz-site/
<%obj_theme%>
/favicon.ico' >

(without the returns to the line)

erapuro / 2008-05-02 18:00:27   

theres the index.php, in my ftp, but i cant see anywhere the head tags in the code... ?
do i have the right index.php, there seems to be few under the same name in different folders..? please help.

Vaska A / 2008-05-02 18:44:21   

The path you want is...this is your site template:

/ndxz-studio/site/sample/index.php

bjw3003 / 2008-06-13 14:54:15   

Hi
I'm trying to add a favicon too. I've put the .ico in my template folder but all the index.php contains is the text "• Built with Indexhibit". Where do I put the code - above this line?
And could someone confirm the code needed (with a dummy web address in place if poss)

Thanks for the help!

arsondpi / 2008-06-14 17:18:49   

I want to assume that you opened the file with dreamweaver and that you're switched to Design view. If so, click Code and you're gonna be able to see the rest of the code.

Insert the snippet above after the
&#60;head&#62;
tag & preferably after the line
&#60;meta http-equiv='Content-Type' content='text/html; charset=utf-8'/&#62;

In other posts it is suggested to duplicate and the rename the sample folder if you want to customise your css and/or index.php page. If you do you can then choose your personal theme from the theme dropdown menu in setting

arsondpi / 2008-06-14 17:22:14   

oops - forget about all the < and > you see on screen. it's:
<head>
and

<meta http-equiv='Content-Type' content='text/html; charset=utf-8'/>

arsondpi / 2008-06-14 17:25:04   

not sure if my previous posts make sense - the symbols messed up everything. Mr. Vaska please edit them!

bjw3003 / 2008-06-16 11:11:19   

Done it! Thanks for your help arsondpi, much appreciated.

Shahnaz / 2008-08-05 16:45:50   

hi, i have made my favicon, and have located where to post the code in my index.php but i dont know where the templates folder is to insert my favicon. any ideas?? thanks!

LeslieOA / 2008-08-05 17:38:30   

Shahnaz: -

1. /ndxz-studio/site/templatename/

If your using the sample theme it'd be: -

1. /ndxz-studio/site/sample/favicon.ico

Hope this helps.

oapostropheb / 2008-08-30 17:10:18   

having a problem with seeing my icon in address bar. Apostrophe Advertising

made my icon. put it in "sample" folder. inserted the following code into my index.php:

Still, it isn't working. My icon isn't appearing in address bar as it is supposed to. Does it matter where i put the code in the index.php? Here is where i placed it:

:

Tested on safari and Firefox. What am i doing wrong??

oapostropheb / 2008-08-30 17:13:31   

And here is where i placed it in my index.php between the :

:
oapostropheb / 2008-08-30 17:16:24   

ok. obviously i don't don't know how to place code in this forum without it disappearing. but trust me. I put the code in my index where this forum says it should go and the icon aint happening for me. somebody please help.

oapostropheb / 2008-08-30 17:28:46   

nevermind. just found my answer here:

forum link

Vaska A / 2008-08-30 17:29:37   

That's kind of odd...were you using the code tags (look to the left of the text input window)?

Here is a better sample of what to input:

1. <link rel='shortcut icon' href='<%baseurl%><%basename%>/site/<%obj_theme%>/favicon.ico' type='image/x-icon' />
oapostropheb / 2008-08-30 18:07:27   

I guess i had just left out the last part (type='image...), which wasn't mentioned in the couple threads, i was following. also, i hadn't been entering "http://www" when writing my address in the code. not sure if that made a difference or not. but it's working now including all this info.

thanks again for a great app and forum. A LOT of friends in advertising and design in the USA are picking up on it. Let's hope it doesn't get too popular though. ;-)

CatherineL / 2008-11-03 03:47:57   

Okay! i've been trying hard to add a .ico to my URL onaime.ca ...i've had the ico files in my supermega folder, i'Ve been using the < link rel='shortcut icon' href='< %baseurl%>/site/ /favicon.ico' type='image/x-icon' />

formula.. and nothing happens... i put the formula after the Title in my php file in dreamwEaver .. i wrote after href='http://onaime.ca/public_html etc /favicon.ico .. and not working..
it must be something stupid i dont do right but i don't find what.. and i have been trying for more that 3 hours!!! if i'd be a smoker, i would have smoke the whole pack by now!!! seriously, i've read all the threads about ico.. and i don't know where i went wrong!!

unttld / 2008-11-03 04:17:38   

hey CatherineL try using: http://www.onaime.ca/ndxz-studio/site/yourthemename/favicon.ico instead of the baseurl.
If that doesn't work make sure the favicon is in that directory maybe reupload it and clear the cache. If it works move on to Vaska's method two posts up. You can simply copy paste without making changes.

Cheers,
Derek.

CatherineL / 2008-11-03 04:50:14   

thanx for the help derek... but ok i deleted the favicon in my supermega folder adn re-uploaded it..change the index.php with vaska formula i found in this thread copy and paste..no changes.... and still not working.. i put the formula on the line 10 in dreamweaver, after < title > that is on line 8 ...and not working.... :(

arsondpi / 2008-11-03 09:29:02   

...the line of code doesn't seem to be in the index.php file... - you have to edit the index.php file in the theme you're using, save it and upload the .php file + the .ico file.
Recheck that you're editing, saving and uploading the right file...

iwakami / 2008-11-03 09:42:19   

this must be a path problem... there is nothing else to error here!

- the path should indicate the exact location/trail where the ico fits in.
- try putting the ico inside the root folder "http://www.onaime.ca/favicon.ico" and call it from there with that path.
- erm... don't forget to check your file name. should be exactly favicon.ico
- try listening to glass candy's "ico ico" for inspiration

i dunno what else could fail here... strange...

Vaska A / 2008-11-03 10:06:21   

I don't even see the link in the template...

cruz / 2008-11-03 10:52:47   

Hello Catherine,
as Vaska stated, the link doesn't show up in your template, you can check this in the view menu>view page source.

This means that the index.php that you're uploading is not making any effect in your template, so probably the problem is in your connection to the server. Check with your host provider to see if any have changed lately.

In the meantime you can troubleshoot, for instance copying your index.php file from your server to your machine and opening it to see if it reflects the changes you have done. If it does and the source doesn't, the problem is definitely in your connection to the server.

The changes you write to your index.php file and upload to the right place in your server, should be visible in the source view in your browser. If they don't show and everything else seems Ok, the problem is that the server connection settings must have changed.

CatherineL / 2008-11-03 16:26:32   

im such a lunatic... when vaska said he couldnt even see the link... i was like: What?? it is there i am sure it is there!! and then when i was making myself a coffee, i realised: Ohhh no, i was changing the index.php from my other website.. catherinelavoie.com ... Now i can say it was easy to add the icon in the adress bar.. took my 5 minutes this morning and it's working onaime.ca .. but the thing is my other website.. catherinelavoie.com isn't working anymore because of something i had change in my index.php. ahhhhhh i'll try to figure out what is wrong.. !!! thanx guys!!!! you're awesome!

Vaska A / 2008-11-03 16:42:50   

Hey, if you are going to be a lunatic we're glad it's with us.

Being a lunatic rules. Admitting and knowing you are one is good.

I'm a lunatic...I love being one.

Let's all be lunatics and kick down these walls together!

;)

CatherineL / 2008-11-03 16:58:20   

hahah thanx Vaska! i feel better now! ;) but im a little afraid about my other website.. catherinelavoie.com ..when i login.. i get these 3 warnings..

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/catherj6/public_html/ndxz-studio/index.php:1) in /home/catherj6/public_html/ndxz-studio/lib/access.php on line 80

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/catherj6/public_html/ndxz-studio/index.php:1) in /home/catherj6/public_html/ndxz-studio/lib/access.php on line 81

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/catherj6/public_html/ndxz-studio/index.php:1) in /home/catherj6/public_html/ndxz-studio/lib/template.php on line 65

i don't wanna messed everything up by trying to make things work in index.php because i know i can only make them worst!!!

being a lunatic makes my life more exciting!

Vaska A / 2008-11-03 17:20:33   

This is odd...I wonder if your server has an issue with Cookies or if there are some files missing (that didn't get uploaded properly).

It's a really odd error...does your browser allow cookies?

CatherineL / 2008-11-03 17:26:06   

yeah, my browser does allow cookies... im sure some files must be missing or werent uploaded properly.. well.. i guess .. but it is weird because when i look at my index.php file, it seems to be allright.. could the error be from somewhere else?

Vaska A / 2008-11-03 17:36:16   

The error is from that file...seems to be cookie related. Not sure what to say really...this is not a common error. Last time I saw this I think the server had it's clock set wrong or something...

CatherineL / 2008-11-03 17:40:19   

me neither...
if i take my index.php from my sample or eatock and then bring it in my supermega folder.. would it work.. ?? because in my website.. all the files are there.. but i think it's only the index that's not working.. so can i start with a new index file? or no?

Vaska A / 2008-11-03 17:45:52   

No...much bigger problem.

Am I right in guessing that your login and password do not contain ONLY letters and numbers (no symbols, accents, spaces, etc)?

CatherineL / 2008-11-03 17:52:47   

no, my login doesnt contain symbols or accents.. or space.. but in my website.. some of the exhibitions do..

unttld / 2008-11-03 18:04:39   

What happens if you switch themes?

Vaska A / 2008-11-03 18:22:49   

Themes?

Should I just stop helping now?

CatherineL / 2008-11-03 18:27:39   

i cannot even change anything in my website.. if i try to change the name of an exhibition. indexhibit go crazy and keep asking me my login and password.

Vaska A / 2008-11-03 18:28:19   

Server problem...it's just not going to work...

CatherineL / 2008-11-03 18:39:04   

haaaaaaaaaaaaa so.. everything is lost? any chance of not starting everythin over??

CatherineL / 2008-11-03 19:18:41   

now im not that happy of being such a lunatic.....

unttld / 2008-11-03 21:12:50   

Sorry, My bad. Most humble apologies. Bad copy/paste moment. Horrible case of the Mondays.

LeslieOA / 2008-11-03 21:29:10   

Catherine, even though the results may not be adequate, all is not quite lost. As some say: - R.I.P....

Recovery Is Possible

R. Your MySQL database information should still be intact (say, if your pages had a lot of valuable text)
I. Most of the media you uploaded through Indexhibit should still be in your files folder.
P. If you made a new folder for a theme/or used the Sample theme, your stylesheet customisations will still be around.

First things first, make a backup from your FTP to your harddisk of everything (or just the files/, ndxz-studio/, index.php files and folders).

Then checkout your hosting providers guide on accessing/backing up your database (having a geek at your disposal will help to no end).

May seem like blind optimism, but isn't that in the spirit of lunacy. Joking, I've seen crazier people at Waterloo Station at night *shudder*.

Good luck! ;-D

CatherineL / 2008-11-04 05:10:48   

thank you for your help and support!!! shit happens and even more on mondays... I feel like garfield..
so i'll do what you suggest and then i'll start the website again! hopefully, with no bugs!!! :)
thanx again everyone!!

Vaska A / 2008-11-04 13:13:44   

Godaddy? I constantly see issues with people serving on their stuff...just saying...

Vaska A / 2008-11-04 23:24:05   

Catherine...did you delete the install.php file when you were done installing?

CatherineL / 2008-11-05 06:19:28   

what do you mean? .. i started everything over again, saved all the files that were on my website, and cleared up everything that was related to indexhibit that i could still find via the ftp. and reinstalled ndxz again.. now, i still have the install.php ..

CatherineL / 2008-11-05 06:26:37   

also deleted everything that was in my database

Vaska A / 2008-11-05 11:24:50   

When you are done installing you need to delete the install.php file.

CatherineL / 2008-11-05 22:58:41   

via the ftp? i'll do it..didnt know about that!

CatherineL / 2008-11-05 22:58:42   

via the ftp? i'll do it..didnt know about that!

Kairos / 2009-11-14 14:14:32   

hey..
it seems that it does not work for me..
any idea,why?
My website

This thread has been closed, thank you.