config settings

kat / 2008-08-06 11:20:48   

Hi,

I know that this is a common problem, however I have read all the threads on this topic, and I still cant seem to manage to get past page 2 of the installation process.

I have checked and double checked my configuration settings, so I assume it has to do with access privileges that I dont have. My host tells me I can only access my database through them.

Perhaps I am getting the server wrong? I am using mysql5-7, and OVH are my host.
do I have to type in an address?

please help!

LeslieOA / 2008-08-06 13:21:50   

I'm not an OVH customer, but the following threads may have some useful information for you: -

OVH Clients advise
OVH HELP Topic

If they don't, sorry; but it's a good start.

Peace.

kat / 2008-08-06 14:34:51   

Thanks Leslie, I tried changing the folder permissions back to 705, but no result.

?

...is there anything else I can try?

LeslieOA / 2008-08-06 14:50:31   

Hmmm, other then confirming your database connection details (especially not confusing them with your account or FTP/SSH details), and re-checking Indexhibits requirements, I would suggest contacting OVH to see if they can field your query.

Check this thread much later in the day, I'm sure other OVH users could give you a hand (there are a few from what I've gathered). Good luck.

Peace.

P.S. Supporting info? Have you installed a different CMS in the past (Wordpress, etc)? What permissions did the files and folders start on (e.g. 600) and what are they now (e.g. 705, 755, 777, etc)?

pinzat / 2008-08-13 13:43:13   

hi I wont to make my webpage with index but I ned to maka a database.
my question is...somebody can seendme a exaple for a database to indexhibit cose I ned to show at my programmer

thanks samuel

Vaska A / 2008-08-13 13:52:42   

They can download it from the downloads page.

This thread has been closed, thank you.